This interface allows you to set up a default address (catch-all address) that receives any mail for an invalid email address for the domain. You can also define how the default address handles incoming messages.
Set Default Address
To set a default address for your domain, perform the following steps:
1 - Select the domain for which you wish to set a default address.
2 - Select one of the following options:
* Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message — Select this option to send an error message to the sender. Enter an error message in the Failure Message (seen by sender) text box.
* Forward to Email Address — Select this option to forward mail to another address. Enter the email address or your cPanel account's username in the Forward to Email Address text box.
* Click Advanced Options to view the following additional options:
- Forward to your system account — Select this option to forward mail to the system account.
- Pipe to a Program — Select this option to forward messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
- Discard (Not Recommended) — Select this option to delete incoming messages without a failure notice.
3 - Click Change.